We have all heard of the many benefits of red wine. Since the Middle Ages, wine went from being just an alcoholic beverage to be used by medicine as a treatment for various diseases such as anemia, dysentery and other nervous diseases.
Nowadays, thanks to science, red wine is considered beneficial for different areas of health, reason why many doctors recommend its habitual, but moderate use, to many of their patients.
What are the main benefits of red wine?
Despite not having miraculous healing properties, it has been shown that red wine is a good ally to deal with a large number of diseases and health problems. Let’s see below what are its main benefits:
- Prevents Heart Attack: There are many beliefs that a daily glass of wine can almost completely prevent heart attack. This is due to the high concentration of Vitamin E contained in this drink. In turn, its high polyphenol content helps lower bad cholesterol in the body.
- It can reduce the risk of cancer: Being a great antioxidant, wine helps to eliminate the formation of cancer cells, especially those responsible for breast and lung cancer.
- Powers our mental health: A large amount of studies argue that wine can help to prevent various mental illnesses such as dementia or other degenerative diseases of the brain.
- Helps to lower our body weight: A study by the University of Massachusetts revealed that drinking a glass of wine before bedtime helps to burn fat and prevents the accumulation and formation of new fat cells.
- Other benefits of red wine: Another of its qualities is that it helps to prevent diseases in the gums, thus improving oral health. It is also a good ally against fatigue, probably because it contains resveratrol, which helps fight stress and fatigue.
As we have seen, wine has many properties that can help us to improve our health status. We must be aware that it is an alcoholic product and should be consumed with moderation and responsibility, because in high quantities it can cause unwanted effects that can harm our health.